A Dream Within A Dream is the fourth studio album from American progressive metal band Nostradamus, released on August 31st 2009. It takes its name from a poem by Edgar Allan Poe, as does much of the album's songs. It is preceded by 2007's Warrior On The Edge of the Abyss, and is followed by 2010's EP Dirge.
Once again conceptualised by vocalist Toni Mirasuki whilst in a state of intoxication, he confessed that he was "a human slug" between the hype over Warrior On The Edge of the Abyss and the ensuing months. According to an interview in early August 2009, he said that: "You know those moments when you just feel pointless, like no purpose in life. I read E.L.P [Edgar Allan Poe] because I felt like shit. Turns out he inspired me on a mad writing spree, whilst high-as-hell on dope".
Critics appraised the work of Nostradamus, and gave it much acclaim. Riding on the hype of its predecessing album's this album was able to sell rather well, topping 115,000 copies in the first week of release.
- All music composed and written by Nostradamus
- "Elizabeth Mother" - 8:00
- "A Descent into the Maelstrom" - 6:45
- "The Masque of the Red Death" - 7:50
- "The Conqueror Worm" - 9:05
- "Never Bet the Devil Your Head" - 7:45
- "The Cask of Amontillado" - 9:00
- "A Dream Within a Dream" - 4:00
- "The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether" - 10:00
- Toni Mirasuki- vocals, guitar
- Les Kelly - rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Josiah Badara - bass
- Dan Blackmore - drums