Crushed Into Submission is the debut album from American thrash metal band Chemical Asphyxiation, released on September 17th 1982 on MetalMagnet Records; a low profile and local label to produce music for several local Chicago bands. It is the band's only album on MetalMagnet Records and only album without artwork from John LeMar, who has produced all the band's artwork since 1984's Pure Evil.
The album received highly positive reviews at its release time, and is commonly regarded as a classic American thrash record. Metalix voted it #4 All Time Classic Thrashers, behind Megadeth with Peace Sells... but Who's Buying? at #3, Slayer with Reign In Blood at #2 and Megadeth again with Rust In Peace at #1. The album was praised for its all round musicianship, songwriting and thrash mentality.
The album artwork for Crushed Into Submission depicts a hammer being brought down on what appears to be a police officer's head, who appears to be screaming for help. The artwork was censored considerably upon release, with a simple band logo and black foreground, but by 1987 the proper artwork was condoned.
- "Army of Darkness" - 5:00
- "Thrash Strikeforce IV" - 4:13
- "Obliteration...Domination!" - 3:00
- "Death To All" - 5:15
- "We Control You Now....Hostile Takeover!" - 7:00
- "Bury Your Dead....End of Everything" - 8:15
- Chuck Griffith - vocals, lead guitar
- Neil Griffith - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Nick Martinez - rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Rob Crete - bass
- Chris Nathan - drums