Dream Sorcerer is a 1995 Supernatural Thriller drama film written by Alexander Payne, David Fincher and Duncan Jones and directed by David Fincher.
The film concerns four relatives entering the four different parts of the subconsious of acomatose relative in order to awaken her.
The film secured Four Academy Awards 1. For Best Visual Effects 2. For Best Supporting Actress: Nancy Travis 3. For Best Supporting Actor: Woody Harrelson and 4. Best Leading Actress: Liv Tyler (the film being the first out of four she secured an Academy Award for).
The film also received one Academy Award Nomination for Best Supporting actor regarding Elias Koteas whom portrayed a very strange frightening character in the over the rainbow film.
The film features Nancy Travis, Woody Harrelson, Christopher Meloni, Iain Glen, James Gandolfini, Orlando Bloom, Alexandra Holden, Danny Dyer and Joslyn James.
The motion picture's screenplay had been a personal project of writer/director David Fincher for a longtime penning from early 1991 to 1995 the year of finally being completed and released.
Beautiful Restaurant Manager Fannia Supple falls into acoma following a severe car crash on Bentley Road.
Her doting father, mother, brother and sister seek out help and keep their daughter hospitalized at home rather then a hospital knowing her condition to not be of natural cause.
Help comes in the form of a narcoleptic inventor whom has experience with entering the subconsious of others a.k.a entering their dreams and even altering them.
He tells the family that a man whom was once his partner is responsebile for Fannia's entrapment in sleep.
He provides them with a machine which is a duplicate of the original one used by his evil women obsessed partner to entrap her.
The four must enter the four different dreamscapes of her mind acting as the four manifested agreements: The Word, The Personal, The Assumption and the Best.
The Word being the one whom can produce illusions, The Personal being the one whom can add emotions to her, The Assumption being the one whon can manipulate the understanding and the Best being the one whom can produce the happiest stuff in the fourth dreamscape.
They have exactly 24 Hours to guide her out of the acomatose and release themselves or they will all be trapped within a set of four ever-changing unreal worlds which serve as primary playgrounds to an evil ladykiller within Fannia's mind.
- Liv Tyler as Fannia Supple
- Woody Harrelson as Inventor Yodle Sadle
- Christopher Meloni as Inventor Nolas Samson
- Nancy Travis as Michelle Supple
- Iain Glen as Mitchell Supple
- James Gandolfini as Assistant Almar Alkaden
- Orlando Bloom as Evan Supple
- Alexandra Holden as Lisden Supple
- Elias Koteas as the Food Man
- Danny Dyer as Assistant Ible Genneth
- Joslyn James as Assistant Wanda Tierna
- Come and Go With Me- The Dell Vikings (Emergency Song played informing the four of oncoming danger. Song sang by Michelle to Fannia.)
- Shake, Rattle and Roll- Joe Turner (Wake Up Song 1)
- Only You- The Platters
- That'll Be The Day- Buddy Holly & The Crickets (Wake Up Song 2)
- La Bamba- Ritchie Valens
- Little Bitty Pretty One- Thurston Harris (Wake Up Song 3)
- All I Have To Do Is Dream- Everly Brothers (Song sang by Nolas to Fannia)
- Summertime Blues- Eddie Cochran
- All Shook Up- Elvis Presley