The Fanon Wiki has an Image policy that all contributors must follow. They are as follows:
- Always source your images appropriately, as see on Special:Upload
- Never upload any material that is inappropriate, such as pornography or excessive horror/macabre.
- Never upload over others images without permission; always check warnings before uploading an image.
- Never upload images that have not been permitted for use on other sites (if explicitly stated at the source)
The image policy also has requirements when sourcing an image upon uploading one. They are as follows:
- Always use the information template appropriately.
- Never take credit as the "author/artist" of an image just because you uploaded it.
- Always use the correct licensing template.
- Always credit the exact source, not simply "Google" or "Yahoo!"; credit the exact URL.
The image policy will be strictly followed and enforced. If broken and disrespected, the following punishments will be used:
- Uploading inappropriate image or unfair use images will result in a ban of an infinite amount of time and of three days, respectively.
- Not sourcing the images with the information template as stated will result in a warning, and eventual ban if not corrected.
- Failure to follow other rules will result in the deletion of the image if errors aren't rectified within a reasonable time period.