Proud To Be is a 1998 American Drama film written and directed by J.B Rogers.
It features Josh Hartnett, Leonardo Di Caprio, Eric Bana, Rosario Dawson, Al Pacino, Alex Borstein, Anthony Hopkins, Christina Applegate, Virginia Madsen, Rachel Weiz and Susan Sarandon.
The film received an Academy Award Nomination for Best Supporting Actress: Christina Applegate.
A straight man after a fourth unsuccesful relationship with a woman he believed himself to be in love with that cheats on him takes on a homosexual relationship with a homosexual businessman.
They run off together on a trip around Europe until the converted man comes back to his original orientation upon meeting with an old high school crush he cannott resist.
However coming with her is her lesbian bestfriend whom comes to experience her first straight attraction towards the straight man's gay businessman boyfriend of whom he has run away with.
What follows is many heartbreak and the defining morals that some can change and others cannott deny their true emotions.
- Josh Hartnett as Louis Wining
- Leonardo Di Caprio as Businessman Harrison Tomeras
- Eric Bana as Colby Wining
- Rosario Dawson as Linda Carvanelli
- Al Pacino as Vincent Carvanelli
- Anthony Hopkins as David Tomeras
- Christina Applegate as Claire Huntington
- Alex Borstein as Eunice Carpenter
- Brendan Fehr as Henry Likas
- Virginia Madsen as Carrie Wining
- Susan Sarandon as Janice Huntington
The Academy Award Nomination
The film's Academy Award Nomination for Christina Applegate's performance in the film.
Her performance was made notable due to the one scene in which Christina Applegate's character engages in sexual intercourse with Alex Borstein's character to prove to her that she is beautiful and sexually desirable to her.