This page is for Retro Mario in Super Smash Bros. Extreme!! ONLY. Do NOT edit this page unless you are given permission to do so.
Celebrating Mario's 30th anniversary.
|Debut||Super Mario Bros. (1985)|
How to UnlockEdit
- Play 400 Vs. Matches.
- Clear Boss Battle on Normal difficulty with any character.
- Get Retro Mario to join your team in Story Mode.
Retro Mario is the Nintendo Entertainment System, 8-bit pixelized replica of Mario who made various appearances in the old days in every Mario game, starting with Donkey Kong, where he was known as the Jumpman. Retro Mario was the protagonist of all Mario games until the Nintendo Entertainment System was disscontinued and Mario received a new redesign. NES Mario's design consists of multiple 3-D pixels, similar to legos, which form him. NES Mario can be considered a special character for being Mario's 30th anniversary (1981-2011).
Retro Mario is a very odd character. Although he's fully rendered in 3D, all of his attacks are basically from either Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, and some from Mario. Retro Mario is very fast on the ground and has some quick attacks. While some of them are very powerful, such as his Smash attacks, some of them are slow, weak and unorthodox. For instace, most of his tilts have below average knockback. His attacks have a fair number of projectiles. Retro Mario's medium to light weight, along with his very small size, makes him a very hard target to hit. He has good recovery. However, he can easily be knocked off the stage due to his small mass.
- Neutral Attack - Punches with his right, then his left, and then kicks with his right foot. 9%
- Forward Tilt - Does a roundhouse kick with his right leg. 8%
- Up Tilt - Delivers an uppercut while spinning. 8%
- Down Tilt - Sweeps low to the ground with his leg. 7%
- Dash Attack - Slides forward and kicks with both feet. 7%
- Side - Swings an Axe from Super Mario Bros. 23% (if fully charged)
- Up - He will quickly urn into Fire Mario, and throw a Podoboo in the air, and will explode. 18% (if fully charged)
- Down - Does a breakdance sweep. Has medium knockback. 20% (if fully charged)
- Ledge Attack - Does a sumersault and that kicks upwards, from a laying down position. 6%
- Floor Attack (face-up) - Gets up and kicks behind him, then in front of him. 6%
- Floor Attack (face-down) - Gets up and punches behind him, then in front of him. 6%
- Floor Attack (sitting) - Kicks behind him, then in front of him while getting up. 5%
- Netural Aerial - Performs a Sex Kick. 8%
- Foward Aerial - Swings a hammer foward, related to Mario's. 14%
- Back Aerial - He will take out a Koopa Troopa and attacks behind him. 9%
Grab & ThrowEdit
- Pummel - Hits with his hammer. 2%
- Forward Throw - Spins around once, then throws his opponent in front of him. Has below avarage knockback. 7%
- Back Throw - Whirls around several times, then throws his opponent backwards. Has great knockback. 12%
- Up Throw - Throws his opponent upwards. Has below avarage knockback. 8%
- Down Throw - Slams his opponent into the ground. 7%
|Mario's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Shell Kick|
|Side Special||Hammer Toss|
|Up Special||Goomba Bounce|
|Down Special||POW Block|
- Up - Turns into Super Mario.
- Side - Spins around four times, and makes a Peace Sign.
- Down - Does a Back Flip.
- Moves his arms.
Jumps out of an 8-bit Warp Pipe.
- Jumps up-and-down three times.
- Comes down from a Flagpole.
- Hits a Question Block from SMB3, walks away.
Claps to the winner.