Salvation is an upcoming third-person sandbox action/survival game developed by Gemini Studios. The game is scheduled for worldwide release on July 7th, 2013 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows 7 OS. Salvation takes place in 2012 when a mysterious virus ravages the continent of Europe, turning the infected into beligerent, blood-hungry beings. As the United States prepares for quarantine, the virus manages to find a way to the country and slowly spreads, turning the entire world into a hellish nightmare with no cure or hope in sight.
Characters and SettingEdit
The game follows a Biology professor named Julian Mathers, who becomes fascinated by a strange virus that pops up in Africa. After hundreds of citizens are reported sick, the virus starts to get out of hand as the sick total reaches into the hundred-thousands. Americans and Australians prepare for quarantine protocols as the virus slowly but surely takes over the entire continent of Europe, leaving no town or village safe. After Europe is completely vanquished by the virus, the United States and Australia start to get reports of sick individuals. Julian reunites with his wife and children and try to find a safe place where the virus can't get to them. Eventually, the Sanctuary is founded, a large, abandoned structure that serves as one of the many Safe Centers around the globe. As all the Humans group in the Safe Centers, they soon find that the infected are more than just sick, they are not themselves. The infected become ravaging, bloodthirsty beings. As hope slowly becomes thin, the only way to survive is to fight back and find a cure.
- Nolan North as Julian Mathers
- Christine Taylor as Marissa Mathers
- Eddie Alderson as Hunter Mathers
- Tessa Allen as Kaylene Mathers
- Steve Blum as General Bruce Mcgowan
- The player will control Julian Mathers.
- Maps will be vital items to obtain in order to learn the land.
- There will be a sleep feature.
- The game will reportedly have "some RPG elements" as the player can mod weapons to make them stronger and eat or drink to gain improved health or strength.