On the Shadow Moses Island or Outer Haven stage, Snake has a secret taunt where he talks about the other fighters with his support team, consisting of Mei Ling, Otacon, and Roy Campbell. Even Slippy Toad talks with Snake on one occasion (when talking about Falco), and Peppy talks with him about Krystal.
The taunt is performed by inputting the down taunt command in a split second. If done correctly, Snake will kneel and touch the codec receiver in his ear. The codec message will begin soon afterward if Snake is left undisturbed.
- Snake: "Mei Ling, there's a walking fat cactus right in front of me!"
(More coming soon)
- Snake: "Mei Ling, I'm fighting a man with a white robe and wrist blade."
- Mei Ling: "That's Altair, Snake. He is part of a league of assassins."
- Snake: "Well then, why is he fighting if he should be trying to assassinate somebody?"
- Mei Ling: "Snake, you know it's not that easy to sneak up on somebody while on a mission."
- Snake: "I know, but he's an assassin."
- Mei Ling: "Well Snake, if you think that, wait until you meet Desmond."
- Snake : "Otacon, give me the scoop on this...alien."
- Otacon : "Snake, you're facing the Arbiter!"
- Snake : "I guess I am, but can you tell me somthing about him?"
- Otacon : "His name actually isn't Arbiter, his real name is Thel' Vadam. He was once a Covenant Loyalist, but when the Prophets had lied about the Great Journy, and then he became on the human's side.
- Snake : "I didn't understand that..."
- Otacon : "Alright, just watch out for energy sword, a couple of slashes and you're out."
- Snake: "Otacon who's the red guy with the axe?"
- Otacon: "That's Axem Red, the leader of the Axem Rangers."
- Snake: "Axem Rangers?"
- Otacon: "Well now known as the Axem Rangers X, they are an elite group of fighters and are also long time enemies of Mario."
- Snake: "Mario! Well it's time to kick some Axem butt."
- Snake: "Otacon, who's the green/black axe person?"
- Otacon: "Snake, I thought you would know who that is."
- Snake: "Well I guess not then."
- Otacon: "That's Axem Green/Black. Axem Green/Axem Black has a combo with Axem Green/Axem Black where they form a wheel fomation as their Final Smash.
- Snake: "Well I guess that I'm gonna have to make sure that they don't get a Smash Ball."
- Snake: "Otacon, give me the stats on Axem Pink."
- Otacon: "Axem Pink is able to float and has a limited bunch of combos."
- Snake: "So she sounds like the easiest one to me."
- Otacon: "Snake, you should not undere..."
- Snake: "Otacon, I don't have time. I have to defeat her now!"
- Otacon: "Axem Yellow I see."
- Snake: "The yellow one looks like he's been eating a lot, that means he must be slow."
- Otacon: "Just cause he looks slow does'nt mean he is."
- Snake: "Alright then I just use my CQC on him then he'll be out for the count."
- Otacon: "Snake!"
- Snake: Whoa!? Mei Ling, this cat almost roasted me like a marshmallow.
- Mei Ling: You must be fight the guardian of the Sol Emeralds, Princess Blaze.
- Snake: Blaze, huh? Heh, Heh, the name suits her.
- Mei Ling: Don't make fun of her. Blaze has always been teased about her pyrokinesis ever since she was a little girl. If she hears you now, you can kiss you rear end good-bye.
- Snake: I didn't mean anything like that. Anyone that can take their anger and focus it in combat on your opponent is good in my book. Besides, it's not the cards your delt, it's how you play them.
- Mei Ling: You know, that makes sense. Okay, who are you, and what have you done with Snake?
- Snake: Very Funny. Now, if you don't mind, I have yet another princess to fight.
- Mei Ling: So, Snake, how's the battle against Bomberman?
- Snake: Bomber... MAN? He looks like a kid.
- Mei Ling: Well, he's also known as the "White Bomber". He hails from Planet Bomber, where Bombers of different sizes and colors live.
- Snake: He's throwing bombs like there's no tomorrow. Where does he get them all?
- Mei Ling: I don't know, Snake. They must have discovered how to store bombs in an anti-matter storage system, but that's not all.
- Snake: There's MORE?
- Mei Ling: He can kick bombs, throw multiple bombs at once, and even set lines of bombs. Don't worry, Snake, you're armed and dangerous yourself. You shouldn't be hurt too badly.
- Snake: Gee, thanks for the words of confidence, Mei Ling.
- Mei Ling: Heh, heh, sure, Snake, anytime.
- Colonel: "Careful, Snake! That's the great and terrible Bowser!"
- Snake: "Bowser? Looks like a cheap movie monster."
- Colonel: "Hardly. Bowser leads an entire army of monsters. But I'd worry more about his claws and fire if I were you."
- Snake: "Doesn't look that tough to me. Seems kind of slow, actually."
- Colonel: "Well, he is the king of Koopas. It's only natural he'd be slow. But that's only because he's the heaviest fighter here--by far. He's a powerhouse of destruction. Careful he doesn't flatten you."
- Colonel: The apple never falls far from the tree, Snake, and no one demonstrates that more than Bowser's own son.
- Snake: You mean that spikey turtle with the bandana and giant paint brush?
- Colonel: Bowser Jr. made his first uprise on Ilse Delfino, framing Mario for messing up the island. Since Mario defeated both Bowser and Jr. then, Junior's been wanting to avenge his family honor by finally beating his father's arch nemisis.
- Snake: Following in his father's footsteps, huh? Guess that's pretty noble for the prince of Koopas.
- Colonel: Trust me, that's as close as nobel as Junior's going to get. What he lacks strength he makes up for it in devious tricks. Watch you back out there, Snake.
- Snake: Well, I gotta hand it to the mini-movie monster, he's got spunk. Let's how he uses it here in Brawl.
- Snake: "Hey! That's Captain Falcon, isn't it!"
- Otacon: "Good eye, Snake! He's F-Zero pilot number 07!"
- Snake: "You know, seeing Captain Falcon here reminds me... We should do that thing we've always wanted to try..."
- Otacon: "Ohhhh yeah! That thing! Good idea! OK, ready? Go!"
- Snake: "Falcon Puuuunch!"
- Otacon: "Falcon Kiiiiiiick!"
- Snake: "Colonel, who is the kid with the spikey hair?"
- Colonel: "That's Cloud Strife, Snake."
- Snake: "Someone should tell him that sword is too heavy for a kid."
- Colonel: "He's not a kid.He's in his 20's and used to be in the military."
- Snake: "So I'm fighting against a rookie."
- Colonel: "He's been fighting since he was 14. He may not look like it but he is a skilled with a sword, but watch out for his materia based attacks."
- Snake: "I should watch out for his hair. I'm afraid I'll loose an eye on those bangs alone."
- Colonel: "This is serious, Snake."
- Snake: "So am I."
- Snake: "Mei Ling, there's a cheerleader with a lightsaber. Whoever saw someone dressed as a cheerleader wielding a saber?!"
- Mei Ling: "That's Darth CheerCheer. She's one of Darth Raiden's closest friends. She has powers like Raiden, except that they're much different."
- Snake: "Darth CheerCheer? That's a silly name for a Sith Lady."
- Mei Ling: "Don't underestimate her, Snake. She's got a power that no one could possibly win against."
- Snake: "Now that you mentioned it, I'm gonna have to challenge her to a staring eye contest to see if that's true."
- Mei Ling: "Um, staring eye contests will not work, Snake."
- Snake: "Okay, then what does work?"
- Mei Ling: "You figure it out, Mr. Smartypants."
- Snake: "Ugh!"
- Snake: "Hey Colonel, there's a serious-looking warrior staring at me very evily."
- Colonel: "WOAH WOAH WOAH, Snake! Do not step any closer near that boy!"
- Snake: "Why? Is he gonna read me a bedtime story?"
- Colonel: "Worse than that. This person you're looking at is the almighty Darth Raiden, who was once Steven Savino, but he ultimately turned to the dark side in the year 2007 due to some people betraying him. Since then, he has become one of the most powerful Sith in history."
- Snake: "He's been betrayed?! Who would wanna betray him? I don't see a reason why he's not that handsome looking."
- Colonel: "It's a long story, but right now, you should concentrate on trying your best to bring him to justice. And try not to get beaten up to death."
- Snake: "I get ya, Colonel. Seriously though, he's not gonna read me a bedtime story?"
- Colonel: "Uhh, Snake...stop goofing around."
- Snake: "Alright alright Colonel! Geez...I was just curious."
- Snake: "Darth Vader."
- Colonel: "Ah, yes. Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith and one of the most famous movie characters and villains of all time."
(More Coming Soon)
- Snake: "Otacon, there's a chimpanzee here wearing a Nintendo hat."
- Otacon: "That's Diddy Kong. He's Donkey Kong's partner. Not only is he lightweight, he can use a wide range of weapons as well. He can fly using those barrel jets on his back, and he can shoot nuts with his Peanut Popgun."
- Snake: "Peanuts? As in the ones in the little shells? Are you serious?"
- Otacon: "Wait, here's the best part. You see them lying on the ground after he shoots? If you pick up some of those peanuts, they'll restore your health a little."
- Snake: "Hmm. Edible ammunition, huh... Times sure have changed."
- Snake:Otacon! There's a chimp with a barret.
Otacon:That would be Dixie Kong. She's Diddy's girlfriend.
Snake:Huh, one less noble warrior...
Otacon:When DK was captured, she teamed up with her boyfriend and saved Donkey Kong. She also helped Diddy when he was up against the tyrannical Wizpig.
Snake:Sound's like a lot of action-packed dates.
Otacon:You see that big ponytail of hers? That isn't to impress Diddy. It's as useful as his tail. She can hover with it, whip it, and pick up objects with it.
Snake:Remind me in the next fight to bring a barber.
- Snake: "Otacon, there's a gorilla wearing a tie here. He's huge."
- Otacon: "That's Donkey Kong. As you can tell, he's got strength to spare. He may be king of the jungle, but he lives in a house just like you or me. And he seems pretty smart--well, for an ape, anyway. The Donkey Kong who fought that epic battle with Mario was this guy's grandfather."
- Snake: "That was a long time ago. What about this Donkey Kong? Does he get along with Mario?"
- Otacon: "Nope, they're still at it. Seems like they're always competing in something--kart racing, sports, you name it."
- Snake: "A chip off the old block..."
- Snake: "This is Snake..."
- Slippy: "Copy, Snake! This is Slippy!"
- Snake: "Whaa--! Who is this? What are you, some kind of frog?!"
- Slippy: "Easy there, buddy! Just thought I'd hop on the wireless and give you a holler. Don't get mad!"
- Snake: "Hacked right into my channel, huh..."
- Slippy: "But I'm not here to mess nothin' up. Don't worry."
- Snake: "..."
- Slippy: "Just so ya know, Falco uses a Blaster and Reflector that I designed, just like Fox does. But Falco will kick his Reflector and send it flyin' around. Just showin' off, if you ask me."
- Snake: "No reason a weapon can't have more than one use. In fact, I'd say its versatility shows how well you designed it."
- Slippy: "Hey, maybe so! I feel all fuzzy now! Thanks, Snake!"
- Snake: "Maybe next time we meet, you can design me a weapon...."
- Snake: "Colonel! That fox is fast!"
- Colonel: "You're fighting Fox, eh, Snake? His full name is Fox McCloud. He's the leader of the commando-for-hire unit Star Fox. They're mostly active in a galaxy known as the Lylat System. Fox and his comrades pilot all-terrain fighter crafts called Arwings. His skills in combat can turn the tide of any battle. ...You seem to have a thing with foxes, don't you, Snake?"
- Snake: "Don't remind me. First FOXHOUND and now this guy... I'm sick of foxes."
- Colonel: "You and foxes have a long history together. You ought to be proud."
- Snake: "This guy is giving off a murderous vibe! Even getting close to him makes my skin crawl..."
- Otacon: "Snake! Ganondorf is dangerous! His ambition is to rule the world, and he's got the power to do it. It's no wonder they call him 'King of Evil'."
- Snake: "Do modern weapons even work against him? Do I even have a chance?"
- Otacon: "Take a look around you. There are plenty of people fighting with swords or even their bare hands. At least you've got firepower! Count yourself lucky! It's not like you to whine, Snake."
- Snake: "I was just asking, sheesh. Well, it's back to the mission for me."
Snake: I've never seen a giant dog wearing some clothes like that.
Colonial: Hmm! Goofy!
Snake: What! Did you just call me Goofy!?
Colonial: That's not what I met by that Snake. I meant Goofy is one of Mickey Mouses friends. And it looks like that he can't look back for where he's going.
Colonial: It seems that he has a agility jump and increased all loose cannon, so you really need to watch for his crazy flips.
Snake: ..... Just my luck!
- Snake: "So those two are the Ice Climbers, huh?"
- Mei Ling: "Snake, have you ever heard of a 'blood bond'?"
- Snake: "Sure."
- Mei Ling: "It refers to a bond between two people that's so strong they'd die for each other. The Ice Climbers have conquered frozen glaciers and dangerous mountaintops together. I think they've formed a bond that we can't even fathom."
- Snake: "I dunno. Seems to me they'd get in each other's way fighting to see who gets to the top first."
- Mei Ling: "Snake, in China they say, 'Though brothers may quarrel at home, outside they defend each other from slight."
- Snake: "Is that really a Chinese proverb?"
- Mei Ling: "Even though they may get in each other's way occasionally, they'll pull together in times of need. They're an inseparable team, Snake. Don't underestimate them!"
- Snake: "This swordsman's gonna be tough to beat."
- Colonel: "Fighting Ike, eh, Snake? Ike is the leader of the Greil Mercenaries. He may look too refined to be a fighter... but he has one heck of a sword arm."
- Snake: "Yeah, he's swinging that two-handed sword around with only one hand. I don't even want to get near him."
- Colonel: "That's the holy blade of Rangell. It's an extremely powerful sword. But don't forget, Snake, you're armed to the teeth yourself. To your opponents, you might just be their worst nightmare. The distance between you and your enemy is a crucial element in battle. Using that distance can give you an advantage against some enemies."
- Snake: "Yeah, I've got the same feeling..."
- Mei Ling: Snake, have you ever heard of alchemy?
- Snake: You mean that crack-pot theory about changing rocks into gold?
- Mei Ling: Your opponent, Issac, can use a form of alchemy called Psynergy. He's a Venus Adept, which means he can manipulate the earth and plants around him to defeat his enemies.
- Snake: So, all I have do is separate him from the ground then I have him?
- Mei Ling: Nice try, Snake, but that won't cut it. He's a skilled swordsman and can even use his Earth Psynergy through his sword and gloves. He's pretty much got his bases covered.
- Snake: ...Well, I gotta hand it to him, he's got his disadvantages in check. Any ideas on how to beat him and his "Psynergy?"
- Mei Ling: I don't have any ideas on the most effective method of fighting him, but I think you should use what you know to fight him the best you can.
- Snake: Gee, thanks, Mei Ling.
- Mei Ling: No problem, Snake. So, do you still think that alchemy is a "crack-pot" theory?
- Snake: "Aw, there's a big eyeball walking around here..."
- Colonel: "That's just Jigglypuff."
- Snake: "Jigglypuff? That some kind of marshmallow?"
- Colonel: "Jigglypuff is a balloon-shaped Pokémon. It may be light and puffy and full of air, but its Sleep ability is devastating."
- Snake: "Sleep...? What's so devastating about it going to sleep?"
- Colonel: "The instant it falls asleep, there's a huge buildup of energy in its center of gravity. If it hits you, it's lights out for sure."
- Snake: "So it puts a lot of energy into sleeping? Sounds pretty irresponsible if you ask me."
- Colonel: "Takes all kinds, Snake. Especially here in 'Brawl'."
- Snake: "Look at the size of that hammer..."
- Colonel: "That's King Dedede you're fighting, Snake."
- Snake: "Dedede? You mean it's not a penguin, Colonel?"
- Colonel: "He's the King of Dream Land. Well, so he says, anyway."
- Snake: "Are you sure he's not a penguin?"
- Colonel: "One full swing from that hammer can level an entire building. It may look like just a big wooden mallet, but it's actually outfitted with special mechanical systems like turbo jets and precision bearings to boost its effectiveness."
- Snake: "I don't think I could even lift that thing. And he's swinging it around like it was nothing..."
- Colonel: "But he also leaves himself wide open. Just make sure you avoid the swing, Snake."
- Snake: "There's a fat alligator running around here. ...Or is it a crocodile?"
- Colonel: "You must be talking about King K. Rool. He's the malevolent king of the Kremlings and the arch nemesis of Donkey Kong. He's tried so many times to steal D.K.'s hoard of bananas and even kidnapped D.K's family."
- Snake: "That gets me thinking... why would a carnivorous reptile put so much effort in stealing bananas from a bunch of monkeys?"
- Colonel: "You know what, I have no idea why he would be doing such a thing. Listen, Snake, K. Rool uses his massive weight to crush his enemies. His ramming power is like that of a train. Don't underestimate him no matter how farfetch'd his schemes are."
- Snake: "Stealing bananas... it doens't make sense."
- Colonel: "Snake, did you hear me?"
- Snake: "What? Uh... right, no probelm. I'm on it."
- Otacon: "Snake! Watch out!"
- Snake: "For what? That pink marshmallow?"
- Otacon: "That's Kirby, also known as 'Kirby from Dream Land'. He's from another planet--in other words, an extraterrestrial. He's got a powerful stomach that lets him swallow and digest anything. And he also has a 'Copy Ability' that allows him to mimic opponents, steal their moves, and use those moves against them. On top of that, he has the power to fly around the stage, so once he's got you in his sights, there's no place to run."
- Snake: "...Huh? Yeah, got it. I'll keep an eye out."
- Snake: "That echidna is very manly isn't he?"
- Colonel: "That has to be Knuckles, guardian of the master emerald,
- he likes flexing his biceps and abs."
- Snake:"Any connection to Sonic, because he just commented on Knuckles' manly structure."
- Colonel:"He is Sonic's friend and rival at the same time."
- Snake:"What's his battle style?"
- Colonel:"Well, he's very strong, can climb, attack from underground, and uses his buttcheeks to dazzle opponents."
- Snake:"Sounds like a brute."
- Colonel:"Don't take him lightly."
- Snake:"Not gonna happen, because I have a suprise for him. He has to come out of the ground someday."
- Snake: "There's four strange turtles that wear colorful bandanas. Are they the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?!"
- Colonel: "Uhh...no, Snake. They are the Koopa Brothers, the four koopa ninjas that serve Bowser in his time of need."
- Snake: "Ah, the Koopa Brothers. Seems to me that they're trying to do a rip off from the mutant turtles."
- Colonel: "Seems like it, but their powers are not stronger than the other ninja creatures. However, just be sure you do NOT get hit by their stack attack if they get a Chaos Emerald. Not even your weapons can work against their powerful attack."
- Snake: "Then what can?"
- Colonel: "I should I know? Ask your mother."
- Snake: "Hey!"
- Colonel: "Heh heh heh...I just love toying with you, Snake."
- Snake: "Just you wait, Colonel... Just you wa-"
- Colonel: "Uhh...that's not gonna work, Snake."
- Snake: "Dang it!"
- Snake: "Dude...this guy looks like he wants to murder me or something."
- Otacon: "Snake, that's Kratos! He is considered to be the strongest warrior. And if you thought Ganondorf was dangerous, just take a look at this guy!"
- Snake: "Hmm...muscular body, and...that's all I've got."
- Otacon: "Well, Snake. Kratos had a tough life. After becoming a servant of Ares, he became bloodthristy and killed tons of civilains, and of course, accidently his wife and daughter. And since then, Kratos became the Ghost of Sparta and decided to serve the gods in order for them to forgive him and his sins."
- Snake: "Hmph. That's pretty tough for him."
- Otacon: "Yeah, well, after ten long years, Kratos finally got his revenge on Ares by killing him. Despite having his mission completed, the gods could never take Kratos' nightmares. But, the gods decided to let Kratos become the new God of War. Since his nightmares wouldn't be taken, Kratos has taken his rage on innocent cities, and that made the gods really unhappy. So, the gods betrayed him, and Kratos has decided to get revenge on them, and those who get in his way."
- Snake: "Whew...I guess I'm the one that's in his way."
- Otacon: "Oh, Snake, get this! Kratos has been killed a couple times. But, surprisingly, he just comes back from the Underworld!"
- Snake: "A mortal man coming back from the dead?"
- Otacon: "Don't worry. He's not a zombie. He's still human."
- Snake: "Okay...I'm pretty freaked out right now."
- Otacon: "Yeah, you get used to it."
- Snake: What? Another fox? Give me a break.
- Otacon: So, Snake, I see that you're fighting Krystal. Krystal is the newest member of Team Star Fox. Hailing from Dinosaur Planet, Krystal uses telepathy to see where her enemies are hiding.
- Snake: That made my job a bit more difficult. Still, I guess she's a valued member by Fox.
- Otacon: Funny you should mention that. Fox and Krystal had some sort of relationship going on, but it got shakey as they continued to travel together as a team.
- Snake: Oh, I get it. So... you don't think Krystal has some sort of grudge against Fox here in Smash Wars, do you?
- Otacon: Um... Ya know... I'd rather not get in the middle of that, and neither should you.
- Snake: Just asking.
- Snake: "Otacon, who's the guy with the sword?"
- Otacon: "That's Link. He's the hero of Hyrule. That blade in his hand is called the Master Sword, also known as the 'Blade of Evil's Bane'. He also has a whole arsenal of items at his disposal--bombs and arrows, a shield, a boomerang, and a Clawshot. He's a force to be reckoned with."
- Snake: "Gear is only useful when it's used at the right time and place. Just lugging a ton of it around doesn't do you any good."
- Otacon: "...I, uh... I wouldn't be talking if I were you, Snake."
- Snake: "What's that supposed to mean?"
- Otacon: "You tell me, Mr. Utility Belt."
- Snake: "..."
- Snake: Colonel, who's the short guy with the gloves?
Colonel: That's Little Mac Snake, and don't let his size fool you. He is a professional boxer who grew up in the Bronx and won the championship belt many times against foes twice his size.
Snake: OK, so he's a really good boxer, but what about that guy that's yelling to him?
Colonel: That's his coach, Doc Louis. He tells Mac how to fight his opponents and has a sweet tooth for chocolate.
Snake: Anything I should be aware of?
Colonel: Yes. He has a very powerfull attack called the Star Uppercut. It's what he often does to finish his opponents off.
Snake: So I just gotta keep my distance from those boxing gloves. Got it.
- Mei Ling: "You're fighting Lucario, aren't you, Snake?"
- Snake: "Mei Ling, what's that purple fire coming out of his hands?"
- Mei Ling: "That's his 'Aura'."
- Snake: "Aura?"
- Mei Ling: "I guess you could call it his life force. Lucario can use his own Aura and turn it into power. Every time Lucario's damage increases, his aura gains strength, making his attacks more powerful. So don't think you've got him beat just because his health is down."
- Snake: "The cornered rat will bite the cat... Sounds like trouble."
- Mei Ling: "Hey! When did you become so good with proverbs?!"
- Snake: "You must have rubbed off on me."
- Mei Ling: "I see you're fighting Lucas, Snake."
- Snake: "Lucas?"
- Mei Ling: "That boy has PSI powers, which he can use for different kinds of attacks. But the poor little guy's had such a hard life. His mother was killed when he was young, and he was separated from his brother. After that, he faced all kinds of senseless hardships, and he slowly grew stronger."
- Snake: "Senseless hardships--yeah, I had a lot of those too. The question is how you translate those hardships into a better future."
- Mei Ling: "...Mmm. Well, I hope things turn out okay for him."
- Snake: "That guy with the moustache..."
- Colonel: "Ha. You mean the 'King of Second Bananas'?
- Snake: "Hey, that's Luigi! Show him a little respect!"
- Colonel: "Look at that pale skin. He's been living in his brother's shadow for too long."
- Snake: "That's a low blow, Colonel!"
- Colonel: "Face it, Snake! Once a kid brother, always a kid brother!"
- Snake: "Colonel, what's gotten into you?!"
- Colonel: "La li lu le lo! La li lu le lo! La li lu le lo!"
- Snake: "Colonel, snap out of it! Colonel! Coooooooloneeeeeel!"
- Otacon: Looks like you're fighting Lyndis, Snake.
Snake: Yeah. I can't expect an easy fight here, though.
Otacon: You can say that again. Lyn is a skilled swordswoman from the Sacaen Plains. With that Mani Katti, she can slice the air itself. I'd be careful getting near her.
Snake: You don't need to lecture me on the obvious like some police officer, Otacon.
Otacon: C'mon now, remember what Sniper Wolf told you? Women are usually better soldiers than men. And Lyn, by herself, has beat plenty of men in her battles.
Snake: Alright, fine! Sheesh, cut me some slack.
- Colonel: "Snake, you know who that is?"
- Snake: "You're kidding, right? It's Mario."
- Colonel: "Mario made his first appearence in 1981, and since then, he's become a worldwide phenomenon. There's probably not a single person who doesn't know Mario. He's that famous."
- Snake: "Good thing I survived long enough to meet him on the field of battle, huh."
- Colonel: "This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance, Snake. Now get out there and show him what you're made of. No regrets."
- Snake: "Got it."
- Mei Ling: "Snake, have you heard the saying "Politics makes strange bedfellows"?"
- Snake: "Don't tell me that's a Chinese proverb."
- Mei Ling: "Err, no... It means that when the going gets tough, you might need unexpected partnerships in order to succeed. Marth was a prince whose kingdom was usurped. He didn't even have an army to fight with him. But as he battled his way forward, he found new allies to fight at his side, and in the end, he was able to reunite the war-torn land of Altea."
- Snake: "So he built his army from the ranks of his defeated enemies..."
- Mei Ling: "Marth did his share of fighting too. Even when he had an army, he was always alongside his men in the thick of battle. Then he was betrayed by one of his most trusted friends. I can't even imagine how that feels..."
- Snake: "...I can."
- Snake: "Uhh, a robotic copy of Mario."
- Colonel: "Mecha Mario, I see. He seems new."
- Snake: "Bowser must be behind all of this. That cheap movie monster has better learn that the real Mario is mine to dispose of."
- Colonel: "I think you may be right, Snake. But I wouldn't underestimate this robot if I were you."
- Snake: "You guys worry too much. I-"
- Colonel: "That thing can cook you into a yummy hot dog."
- Snake: "Uh...yikes... I'd better take back what I said."
- Colonel: "That's what I thought..."
- Snake: "Uh...Otacon, either is it Sonic transformed into a robot or is it just me?"
- Otacon: "No, Snake. That's Metal Sonic. He's Sonic the Hedgehog's robotic foe. That thing is the strongest of the others so far."
- Snake: "The others?"
- Otacon: "Stronger the foes that you have faced so far, Metal Sonic has the strength to overcome his foes. Not even weapons work against that beast!"
- Snake: "Bah! I think you're trying to toy with me, Otacon. Strongest of the others so far...ha! I bet I can use my C4 when he charges right at me."
- Otacon: "Um, I wouldn't think about it, Snake. Besides, he-"
- Snake: "Ah, shut up and let me best this "beastly" thing."
- Snake: "Hey, Mei Ling, who's that creepy lookin' dude?"
- Mei Ling: "Woah...woah...get that thing away from me!!!"
- Snake: "Okay...Otacon, you can tell me who this creep is, right?"
- Otacon: "Uh...I'd love to, Snake, but uh, I have a date with Snow White. So uh...later, Snake!"
- Snake: "Hey, wait a minute! Snow White's not your girlfriend!"
- Otacon: "See ya!"
- Snake: "Uhh...Slippy, are yo-"
- Slippy: "WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
- Snake: "Peppy?"
- Peppy: "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........."
- Snake: "SOMEBODY TELL ME WHO THAT IS!!!!!!"
- Colonel: "Uhh...you just can't give everybody a break, can ya?"
- Snake: "Finally! What took ya, Colonel?!"
- Colonel: "Let's just get down to business, Snake-WOAH WOAH WOAH!"
- Snake: "What? All I want to know who's that."
- Colonel: "That is Mephiles the Dark. He-"
- Snake: "Uhh, thanks so much for telling me, Colonel. How-"
- Colonel: "Can you please let me finish?"
- Snake: "Fine."
- Colonel: "That is Mephiles the Dark, the being that was accidentally created during the Solaris Project, under the supervision of the Duke of Soleanna. In one of the Project's experiments, Solaris was split into two separate entities: Iblis, its raw power, and Mephiles, its cunning mind."
- Snake: "...Okay..."
- Colonel: "Hey, you wanted to know who he was, Snake!"
- Snake: "Er, true."
- Colonel: "Just watch out for his deadly attacks and combos. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have, uh, a-"
- Snake: "Don't even think about saying you have a date!"
- Colonel: "Uh, no. Actually I have a doctor's appointment, Snake."
- Snake: "Oh, okay. I thou- Wait a minute..."
- Colonel: "See ya!" Aaaaaauuuuuggggghhhhhh- (door slams shut)
- Snake: "Uhh...I wish I had a new employer."
- Snake: "Mei Ling, there's a mysterious masked man flying around here with a sword..."
- Mei Ling: "That's Meta Knight. He's a knight from Dream Land. They say his sword swings can break the sound barrier. Whatever you do, don't get caught in one of his furious barrage attacks. He also commands the Halberd, a flying battleship."
- Snake: "Mm, I've seen it. The bow looks like his mask. What kind of weirdo puts his face on the bow of a ship, anyway?"
- Mei Ling: "Umm, maybe he's a little narcissistic. Kind of like someone else I know."
- Snake: "Really... And who would that be?"
- Mei Ling: "Use your imagination..."
Snake: Weird but creepy! A big mouse walking around wearing the shorts. What's up with that?
Colonial: This is the one legendary mascot of the Disney leader named Mickey Mouse.
Colonial: His full name is Walt Disney and the creator of the theme park too, around in florida. Anyway, Mickey Mouse is a biggest superstar who always welcome to fellow costumers from around.
Snake: Well at least he's not that dangerous.
Colonial: Oh! One more! You'll have to watch out for his jumping abilities and his magic paint brush. Some say that he must've sneaking into Yen Sid's throne, his mentor which accidently sucked him in the book.
Snake: Now that's more like it. A Challenge! But I don't see anything wrong with the paintbrush.
- Snake: "Otacon, there's a guy walking around in here...and he's only got two dimensions!"
- Otacon: "That's Mr. Game & Watch. He comes from a world where everything is flat. Game & Watch was a series of portable games released by Nintendo in 1980. They were powered by large-scale integrated circuits and only had mono-chrome LCD displays, so characters kind of looked like the numbers on a calculator. The guy you're looking at now, Mr. Game & Watch, was a character who appeared in these games."
- Snake: "This is making my head hurt."
- Otacon: "Well, um... He's... I mean... Look, just start fighting him, and I'm sure everything will make sense."
- Snake: "..."
- Colonel: "That kid... Isn't that Ness?"
- Snake: "Ness?"
- Colonel: "He may look like a mere boy, but don't let that fool you. He has PSI abilities that defy all scientific explanation."
- Snake: "Just like Psycho Mantis..."
- Colonel: "Exactly. He can use teleportation, levitation, pyrokinesis, and psychokinesis."
- Snake: "Yeah, but the question is, can he read minds?"
- Colonel: "Not to my knowledge, no."
- Snake: "Good. Then I won't have to worry about him predicting my every move."
- Colonel: "Even if he had telepathic powers, I don't think he'd use them to mess with you like that. I hear he's a good kid."
- Mei Ling: "Snake, have you heard of the ancient Chinese story, 'The Vain Ocean of Wealth and Splendor' from the Zhen Zhong Ji?"
- Snake: "I've been waiting for the movie."
- Mei Ling: "Basically, it's meant to express the impermanence of all things. You know, like even when Captain Olimar has lots of Pikmin with him, they could all be gone the next moment. Those poor little guys--they carry, they fight, they multiply...and they get eaten. Olimar might have lots of company one minute and be all alone the next. It's so sad."
- Snake: "But he can pluck out more Pikmin anytime he wants, right?"
- Mei Ling: "Well, yeah, I suppose so."
- Snake: "No one truly fights alone. Not even me."
- Mei Ling: "...You're absolutely right, Snake. Good luck. I'm rooting for you."
- Snake:"There's a circle here that has arms and legs."
- Otacon:"That's Pac-Man from Pac Land."
- Otacon:"Yep, watch out for his butt bounce and his rev roll. Those will hurt big time."
- Snake:"Is there much else he can do?"
- Otacon:"Oh yeah. When he eats a power pellet, everyone that isn't a friend is turned blue and harmless. He can then eat them. Trust me, you don't want that to happen."
- Snake:"Actually, It'd be pretty bad if he swallowed me. Grenades and explosives and all."
- Otacon:"Talk about an ace in the hole, Snake."
- Snake: "Mei Ling, tell me what you know about Peach."
- Mei Ling: "Princess Peach is the beloved ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom. She's been kidnapped numerous times by Bowser."
- Snake: "Sounds pretty serious..."
- Mei Ling: "Yes, but every time it happens, Mario ends up saving her. Sure, he may not look like your ideal 'knight in shining armor'. A little on the short side, I'd say... But still, don't you think it's romantic? I mean, to have a guy who's always there for you?"
- Snake: "If he was smart, he'd tell her to stop getting kidnapped."
- Mei Ling: "...You don't get a lot of dates, do you, Snake?"
- Mei Ling: "Ooh! How cuute!"
- Snake: "What? The yellow thing?"
- Mei Ling: "That's Pikachu. It's a Pokémon. They're popular all over the world, you know. And it may look cute, but be careful. It can store up large amounts of electricity in those adorable little cheeks. It'll try to pepper you with electric shocks."
- Snake: "Couldn't be much worse than Ocelot's old torture device..."
- Mei Ling: "Oh, and, Snake?"
- Snake: "What?"
- Mei Ling: "I was wondering, could you maybe try and catch Pikachu for me? Pleeeeease?"
- Snake: "Give me a break! What do I look like, a Pokemon Trainer?"
- Mei Ling: "Fine... Sorry I asked."
- Snake: "Otacon, there's a kid with wings out here. Is he a mutant? Or is he just into costumes?"
- Otacon: "That's Pit, Snake. Pit is an angel from Angel Land. He's the captain of Palutena's Army."
- Snake: "Angels. Give me a break!"
- Otacon: "I dunno, maybe he's from a different species. But those wings on his back and those mysterious weapons he has are the real deal. He may look young, but he's a veteran warrior. Watch yourself. He used to be a weakling, but countless trials over the years have toughened him up."
- Snake: "And by trials, you mean, 'Game Overs'?"
- Otacon: "Yeah, you should know all about that."
- Snake: "Pokemon Trainer... That's the guy giving orders behind a Pokémon, right?"
- Colonel: "Right, and this Pokémon Trainer is controlling Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. They represent water, grass, and fire, and they're all powerful."
- Snake: "So he makes his Pokémon fight while he sits back and watches. Sounds like a good deal if you ask me."
- Colonel: "It's not like that, Snake. Those Pokémon wouldn't know what to do if the Pokémon Trainer wasn't there giving orders. In every battle, there's a soldier doing the fighting, and a commander telling him what to do. By working together as a team, they accomplish much more than either could on their own. So let's do this together, partner."
- Snake: "...Yeah... Whatever you say, Colonel."
- Otacon: "So, Snake, you're fighting Robot?"
- Snake: "Yeah, it's a robot. Although, couldn't they have come up with a better name?"
- Otacon: "Actually, in the U.S. they called him 'R.O.B.' Robot, R.O.B.--take your pick."
- Snake: "Fine. R.O.B. it is, then."
- Otacon: "In North America, R.O.B.'s body was grey, like the NES. But in Japan, he had a white body and red arms, the colors of the Japanese Famicom."
- Snake: "You sure know your geeky tech stuff, Otacon."
- Otacon: "Well, you know..."
- Snake: "Otacon, who’s the guy in the pajamas?"
- Otacon: "Those aren’t pajamas, Snake, its a Gi worn by Martial Artists."
- Snake: "Martial Arts huh? CQC against Kung Fu... Should be interesting."
- Otacon: "I'd be careful Snake. His name is Ryu and is very strong in both physical power and in the mind."
- Snake: "So... He wouldn’t be able to stop any of my weaponry."
- Otacon: "That’s not the point. Ryu has had years of training and has the power to produce the Hadōken Fireball. The art is known only to the Ancient Masters. He must have been lucky to be trained in their art."
- Snake: "A normal looking guy who shoots fire balls... Great. What else does he have packed away?"
- Otacon: "Well as far as realistic abilities go that is about it. His physical training has allowed him to use powerful techniques such as a rising uppercut and a tornado kick... What you would like to know is that he's always looking for a more difficult challenge."
- Snake: "A Challenge... Well, looks like I’m his new sparring partner..."
- Snake: "Hey, Otacon. I got a woman here in a Power Suit..."
- Otacon: "Huh? How'd you know she was a woman? Yeah, that'd be Samus Aran, the most renowned bounty hunter in the galaxy. Her Arm Cannon packs quite a wallop. If you get hit with a charged shot from that thing, you can kiss your butt good-bye."
- Snake: "Sounds like my kind of woman..."
- Otacon: "Yeah, well, just don't get too close, Snake. Samus is deadly. After Space Pirates killed her parents, she was raised by the Chozo and trained in the fighting arts. She's been places and seen things that people like you and me can't even begin to imagine."
- Snake: "But underneath that cold, metal exterior beats the heart of a woman..."
- Snake: Otacon, I already know about Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Otacon: That's not Sonic, Snake. That's Shadow the Hedgehog.
- Snake: Great, now there's TWO hedgehogs?
- Otacon: Shadow has almost every ability that Sonic has, and with a Chaos Emerald in his hand, he can do alot more damage.
- Snake: What are you talking about?
- Otacon: He can warp time and space with the ability, Chaos Control, or with Chaos Blast, he could set off and explosion capable of leveling the entire stage. It's no wonder they call him the ultimate life form.
- Snake: Ultimate Lifeform? If he's immortal, then how the heck am I suppose to beat him?
- Otacon: I'm not sure, but this IS Brawl, afterall. Now get out there and show Shadow what Solid Snake is made of.
- Snake: "What's going on here? What happened to Zelda?!"
- Mei Ling: "Snake, Princess Zelda transformed into Sheik. I can understand the clothes, but to change her skin and eye color? That must take some powerful magic."
- Snake: "...Magic...?"
- Mei Ling: "Come on, Snake! Don't get all grumpy and start talking about how unscientific it is. Science is basically just another form of magic that makes our lives easier."
- Snake: "I never thought I'd hear that coming from you, Mei Ling."
- Mei Ling: "Don't you think talking to someone halfway around the world is a kind of magic? Or flying across entire continents?"
- Snake: "No. I think this is completely different."
- Colonel: Watch out, Snake, you're up against Silver the Hedgehog.
- Snake: I see where he gets the name, but he's like Sonic, right?
- Colonel: Wrong, Snake. Silver has telekinetic powers that allow him to levitate himself and his surrounding opponents. He can also pick up heavy objects with his powers and throw them at you.
- Snake: You're kidding, right? Just where does he come from?
- Colonel: They say that Silver is from 200 years in the future. He's come back to the past a few times to ensure that his time zone doesn't get messed up.
- Snake: You're telling me that they've figured out time travel? Huh. That makes me wanna go to the future with him and see if I ever take down FOXHOUND.
- Colonel: Not a good idea, Snake. That kind of knowledge would be dangerous if it got into the wrong hands. Just think what FOXHOUND could do with information like that.
- Snake: Yeah, you got a point, but still...
- Snake: "Colonel, it's me! I'm fighting myself!"
- Colonel: "Snake, what's going on out there?! Could it be...? Has the 'Les Enfants Terribles' project really come this far?"
- Snake: "It's more than that. He's got my moves, my gear... It's like looking in a mirror."
- Colonel: "Do you think they collected data on you and created another Snake...?"
- Snake: "He's got the same build, too. Creepy. But his Sneaking Suit is a different color. And his tactics are slightly different."
- Colonel: "Interesting. So even if you're evenly matched in power, your fighting styles will make a big difference. You've faced tougher odds in the past, Snake. Don't let this impostor beat you!"
- Snake: "..."
- Otacon: "Snake, what is it?"
- Snake: "Something about that hedgehog rubs me the wrong way..."
- Otacon: "...? Oh, you mean Sonic The Hedgehog? But everyone loves Sonic. He's a big star. Do you have any idea how excited people are that he's here in Brawl?"
- Snake: "Yeah, I know, but there's something about him I just don't like."
- Otacon: "But...why? You must have some kind of reason."
- Snake: "...Nope, just don't like him."
- Snake: Mei Ling, what kind of key is that? The one that boy is holding?
Mei Ling: Well, that boy is Sora...so that key has to be the Keyblade. It's a legendary weapon that can open and close any lock--namely locks of the worlds' hearts.
Snake: Is that so?
Mei Ling: Yeah, and it allows Sora to use various magic spells, like Blizzard and Aero. Plus, he's a pretty good jumper, and he can even glide.
Snake: I see. Go back to the part about how the Keyblade can open any lock.
Mei Ling: I know what you're thinking, Snake, and it won't work. The Keyblade has a sentience that will only answer to Sora. Sorry, you'll have to stick to PAN cards.
- Otacon: What is it this time Snake?
- Snake: I'm fighting this guy, he's decked in full body armor (except for his hands [this part only happens if 984 is wearing the Body Suit]).
- Otacon: He appears to be wearing MJOLNIR Assault Armor/a modified ODST Body Suit.
- Snake: What?
- Otacon: This person is SPARTAN-984, part of the third batch of genetically altered SPARTAN-II supersoldiers. The MJOLNIR armor was created for them ([this happens if 984 is wearing the Body Suit] but he appears to be wearing a modified ODST Body Suit, designed for the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers of the UNSC. He apparently modified it with an energy shield generator to protect himself in combat.), and was engineered to augment the SPARTANs further than possible. They allow them to lift chainguns, and the shield generators prevent them from being damaged-but only for a short while.
- Snake: (Either conversation) So he's wearing armor that has shielding. Interesting.
- Otacon: Don't forget that he's a supersoldier too. He is very dangerous, although he does not have nanotech.
- Snake: I'll make this guy's armor crack open.
- Snake: "Woah...this dude looks really powerful, Mei Ling."
- Mei Ling: "That's Starkiller. He's Darth Vader's secret apprentice, and he is more commonly known as Galen Marek. Starkiller is considered to be one of the most powerful warriors in history."
- Snake: "Hmm...powerful warrior you say? Well then, I guess I'm stuck in a battle of both wits, and strength."
- Mei Ling: "Well, I wouldn't underestimate him if I were you. Just...try to keep your focus. Uhh..."
- Snake: "What is it, Mei Ling?"
- Mei Ling: "Ohh...he...he..."
- Snake: "What?!"
- Mei Ling: "Oh, he is so dreamy! He's so handsome, I wanna hold him in my arms and-"
- Snake: "Mei Ling! You're seriously not falling for his looks, are you?!"
- Mei Ling: "Sorry! I just can't resist him! He's so-"
- Snake: "Yeah, I get the idea. Now, time to-"
- Mei Ling: "Galen, I love you! AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"
- Snake: "Good thing I'm not a woman."
- Snake: "Mei Ling, who is this kid with the cat eyes...?"
- Mei Ling: "Oh, they call him Toon Link. Doesn't he look familiar?"
- Snake: "Yeah, he looks just like Link."
- Mei Ling: "But you know there've been several people who've gone by that name, right? They all have certain things in common--green clothes, a sword, a shield... But they all came from different lands and lived in different eras. And yet the spirit of the hero of the Triforce is timeless. It's an essence that transcends history."
- Snake: "I think I can relate to that."
- Mei Ling: "Huh? What do you mean?"
- Snake: "There's been more than one 'Snake', too, you know..."
- Snake: Colonel, this guy's not giving me a chance to do anything.
- Colonel: I take it you must be facing Waluigi, then.
- Snake: Waluigi? What kind of name is that?
- Colonel: Waluigi is supposively Wario's brother and rival of Luigi. Don't underestimate him. His philosophy is to do whatever it takes to win, and I mean anything. Watch out when he pulls out his tennis racket. That is his strongest weapon.
- Snake: Tennis Racket? This isn't a tennnis court, Colonel.
- Colonel: Well, Snake, Waluigi has never really made his mark on the world. He's only appeared in sport events, parties, and other places like that. Now that he's here in Smash Wars, he's taken his aggressiveness to the next level. Wario may know every trick in the book, but Waluigi probably wrote the book. Like always, be ready for anything.
- Snake: Okay, Got it.
- Snake: "This guy kind of gives me the creeps."
- Colonel: "That's Wario, Snake. Wario first appeared as Mario's rival, but he really made his name in the WarioWare games. Watch out for Wario's bite. It's not just damage you take from it."
- Snake: "What do you mean, Colonel?"
- Colonel: "Wario loves garlic. He eats whole cloves of it day and night. So try not to get caught in his mouth. Once that smell gets on you, it'll stick to you for quite a while."
- Snake: "...That's a scary thought."
- Colonel: "He also attacks by farting. He can fart to fly around, too."
- Snake: "By farting... Are you kidding me?!"
- Colonel: "Sadly, no. I am not kidding. If his belly starts to bulge, watch out."
- Snake: "Colonel, there's a guy in here who looks like a wolf..."
- Colonel: "You mean the fighter named Wolf."
- Snake: "'Wolf'. Real imaginative name..."
- Colonel: "He's the leader of a ragtag team called 'Star Wolf'. They're the longtime rivals of Star Fox."
- Snake: "Kind of strange for a wolf to have friends, isn't it?"
- Colonel: "Well, I don't think he works well with others. I suppose they're more like hangers-on than actual comrades. But he's a remarkable pilot. And his ship, the 'Wolfen', is no slouch either."
- Snake: "But this is hand-to-hand combat, Colonel. He's out of his element."
- Colonel: "Careful, Snake. Those claws of his aren't just for show."
- Snake: "Otacon! What's this lizard thing?"
- Otacon: "That's a Yoshi. It's a dinosaur from Yoshi's Island. Watch out for its long, chameleon-like tongue. If it gets you, you'll be swallowed whole."
- Snake: "It lays eggs and throws them, right? ...Then it must be female."
- Otacon: "...Actually, it's a 'he'. At least, that's what it says."
- Snake: "It talks!?"
- Otacon: "Yes! It talks! Well, kind of..."
- Snake: "Now you've got me curious. ...How about I capture one so we can see what they taste like?"
- Otacon: "Uhh, Snake..."
- Colonel: "Snake, I see you're fighting Zelda."
- Snake: "Yeah, I guess. Doesn't feel right fighting someone in a dress, though..."
- Colonel: "Don't underestimate her just because she's a woman. Zelda's attacks are backed by powerful magic. Her hand-to-hand combat may look weak, but her magic makes it cut to the bone."
- Snake: "So this rose has thorns... Interesting..."
- Colonel: "...This is no time for pickup lines, Snake."
- Snake: "Don't worry. I know from experience that it's the quiet ones you have to watch out for."
- Snake: "Mei Ling, Samus took her clothes off!"
- Mei Ling: "That's just her in the Zero Suit, Snake."
- Snake: "Without that bulky Power Suit, she's gotten a lot more agile... You know, I bet if I took off all this heavy gear, I could catch her... "
- Mei Ling: "Um, yeah, you wish. Even without the Power Suit, all that training she did with the Chozo has made her a super athlete. I don't think a normal human could ever keep up. Just look at her."
- Snake: "...Her loss."