The Magic Bullet is a 2011 American Drama Film written by Raynold Gideon and Ehren Krueger and directed by Frank Darabont.
The film is dedicated to dead male actor River Phoenix whom died of drug overdose outside Johnny Depp's Los Angelas hot spot club the Viper Room on October 31st 1993.
The film features Stand By Me Screenwriter Raynold Gideon helming the story alongside Ring Remake Writer and transformers series writer Ehren Krueger.
Stand by Me prominintley featured River Phoenix as a protagonist boy character in the film named Chris Chambers.
The film features the Red Hot Chilli Peppers song dedicated to River Phoenix titled One Hot Minute as well as featuring fellow Stand By Me actor Corey Feldman.
The film primarily stars Zachary Gordon, William A. Johnson, Jaden Smith, Rico Rodriquez, Ariel Winter, Elle Fanning, Peter Facinelli, Charlie Day, Morris Chestnut, Nia Long, Regina Hall, David Harris, Laurence Fisburne, Lucy Hale, Uma Thurman, Tony Goldwyn, Cheryl Hines, Bob Hoskins, Alison Lohman and featuring a cameo from Brad Pitt as a role River Phoenix had once auditioned for had been lost to the Angelina Jolie husband Hollywood A-List Actor.
The film is also shot in Oregon like Stand By Me which the county also served as the location of the 1986 film.
Also the William A. Johnson boy character in the film Michael is a take off both River Phoenix's Chris from Stand By Me as well as the name Michael which is simply shortened down to Mike in the film is taken from his character Mike in Gus Van Sant's My Own Private Idaho.
Four boys growing up in Wheeler, Oregon witness the killing of a fat businessman of whom they did house favours for in return for pocket money.
They're onlooking is witnessed itself and the boys are forced to run away from home and attempt to escape the nowhere desert town they had spent their life growing up in.
The film concludes with the boys being seperated before the climax as one boy subsquently committs suicide, one boy sacrifices himself at one point to oncoming pursuing assassins and another joins with the opposers.
- Zachary Gordon as Abraham "Abe" Deven
- William A. Johnson as Michael "Mike" Ormond
- Jaden Smith as Alistor "Ali" Roberts
- Rico Rodriquez as Walter "Walt" Perschmenn
- Ariel Winter as Alice Norway
- Elle Fanning as Wendy Peterson
- Peter Facinelli as Joshua "Josh" Ormond
- Charlie Day as Markus Forman
- Laurence Fisburne as Clark Roberts
- Nia Long as Marina Roberts
- Regina Hall as Miss Sally Duncanson
- Loretta Devine as Gaela Porter
- David Harris as Mark Roberts
- Lucy Hale as Alison "Alice" Deven
- Uma Thurman as Gena Deven
- Tony Goldwyn as Doctor Thomas Deven
- Cheryl Hines as Wife Peta Montgomery
- Bob Hoskins as Billionaire Investor Coban Montgomery
- Alison Lohman as Candice Ormond
- Brad Pitt as Narcoleptic Homeless Man Serial Killer Kevin
- Pumped Up Kicks- Foster the People (End Credits Song)
- Witch Doctor- David Seville
- Mambo No.5- Lou Bega (Song played on the Bentley Pooce Junkyard radio.)
- Blue (Da Ba Dee) Eiffel 65 (Sung by boys only)
- For the Longest Time- Billy Joel
- 500 Miles- The Proclaimers (Played as the boys make their walk the morning following the night evasion to the mountains.)
- You Make My Dreams Come True- Hall and Oates (Song played following the beginning shooting the narrator Abe is seen as a kid in introduction heading to the Bentley Pooce Junkyard.)
- Bang Bang- (Feat. Adam Levine) K'naan (Played by the bullies)
- Rich Girl- Hall and Oates
- California Girls- The Beach Boys (Song played following the boys beginning to sing the song)
- Never On Sunday- The Chordettes
- Somebody that I Used To Know- Gotye (feat. Kimbra)