Universal Horror Revival is a title referring to Universal Studios and their plans to remake several of their notable films from the 1930s, 40s and 50s. The first remake was Creature from the Black Lagoon directed by Eli Roth with Guillermo del Toro and Clint Eastwood starring.
- Creature from the Black Lagoon: Directed by Eli Roth with Guillermo del Toro and starring Clint Eastwood. It is a faithful remake of the original Creature from the Black Lagoon released in 1954 and directed by Jack Arnold.
- The Invisible Man: Directed by Guillermo del Toro in collaboration with Terry Gilliam, and to star former Doctor Who actor David Tennant as the voice of Dr. Jack Griffin, with Christopher Lee, Emily Blunt and Tony Curran. Based off of the 1933 film The Invisible Man. Slated for February 13th 2012.
- The Mummy: Directed by Matthew Vaughn and to star Michael Fassbender as the protagonist and Alan Rickman as the titular Egyptian pharaoh, Imhotep. Based off of the 1932 film The Mummy. Slated for Halloween 2012.
- Frankenstein: Directed by Tim Burton and to star Michael Keaton as Dr. Frankenstein and Johnny Depp as Frankenstein's Monster. Based off of the 1931 film Frankenstein.
- Bram Stoker's Dracula: Directed by Guillermo del Toro, also directing The Invisible Man. It is based off of the 1931 film Dracula.
Creature from the Black LagoonEdit
- Clint Eastwood as Dr. Carl Mayer (based on Dr. Carl Maia)
- Doug Jones as the Creature/ Gill-man
- Naveen Andrews as Dr. David Raya (based on Dr. David Reed)
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Kathryn Lawrence (based on Kay Lawrence)
- Josh Brolin as Dr. Ed Thompson
- Michael Biehn as Mark Williams
- Vanessa Lee Chester as Sharifa Davies
- Julia Adams as Kay Lawrence, Kathryn's mother and a tribute to Adam's original role
The Invisible ManEdit
- David Tennant as Dr. Jack Griffith - The Invisible Man (voice)
- Emily Blunt as Flora Cranley
- Christopher Lee as Dr. Arthur Kemp
- Tony Curran as Rodger Forsythe, an invented character and secondary antagonist
- Doug Jones as The Invisible Man (body)
- Michael Fassbender as Louis Lawrence, the protagonist
- Alan Rickman as Imhotep, an ancient Egyptian pharaoh
- Kate Beckinsale as Mary Roth, Louis' fiancee
- Derek Mears as Imhotep (body)